St. Charles Catholic Chapel

map of Cane River Area
Click for detailed map.

St. Charles Chapel was built in the early 1900s by local landowners in the Bermuda community. The land was donated by Mrs. Charles Cloutier and her sons, all of whom were named Charles. St. Charles was a mission church of St. Augustine Catholic Church at Isle Brevelle, served by the Order of Holy Ghost priests. The doors and windows of the chapel were made in New Orleans and shipped up the Red River by flatboat. The chapel was dedicated in 1910. It is owned by St. Augustine Catholic Church and has been given for use to the St. Augustine Historical Society.

photo of St. Charles Catholic Chapel

Maison de Marie Thérèse Carroll Jones House